I’ve just merged in a new theme, which I’ve called “simple”. Because it is meant to be dirt simple. And it is. For at least the next few hours, this blog will provide a demo of it. There are still various tweaks I should make to it, maybe add a splash of colour, resize things, but it at least passes the tests.
OK, so I have been working a new polymer theme for this blog. I have just deployed to production and already have found various issues with it. The worst issues affect me. Of course, i did test the website beforehand. The issues i am finding now are around performance and usability on a mobile. The performance, i have a quick fix that should go partway towards fixing the problem. But the real problem is probably that using polymer results in a lot of dependencies.